6460 Triplequad LC-MS Communication Problem

Hi,

We have a mass spectroscopy device coded 6460 Triplequad LC-MS. We are using this device about 10 years. Nowadays, we are having problems in communicating with the device. When we first start it, it has a communication with the PC (QQQ). But after a few hours, it is loosing the ethernet connection with the switch and therefore with the PC, so it is getting unusable. We checked the IPv4 settings of the PC, and all of them was the same with the ones stated in the manual. Yesterday it was working with full functionality, but this morning it lost the communication again. The service in Turkey said that the mainboard of the device should be changed, but, as an IT expert, I think we can find another cheaper solutions, even maybe we can fix it with some setting changes. Maybe we can use an USB/RJ45 converter for the communication port. Linux operating system is running on the device mainboard, if I learn the login password, we can mount the usb port as communication port over the converter. But of course, there might be other software solutions... I want to be exactly sure that the mainboard should be changed. If you could help me, we really appreciated.

P.S.: Please do not direct this support request to the service in Turkey. We dealed with them and they don't have smart solutions. I want a real help from an expert in your company. I believe that we can identify exactly and solve this problem.

Thanks a lot from now.

Best wishes.

Parents
  • Hi,

We cannot provide the login password.  If connected to house internet make sure MS nic is first in the binding order. If it is, then is sounds you have a smartcard/ comm issue and you would need Agilent Service onsite for replacement.

• Hi, 

Thank you very much for your answer. But I couldn't understand what you mean by "If connected to house internet make sure MS nic is first in the binding order." I appreciate if you could clear this point.

Thank you again. 

Evren 

• Hi 

On PCs the Agilent supplies with with our instruments, they usually have 2 Nic cards. One is used for the instrument and the other is used for the house/lab network. With WIN 7 you can go to control panel, Network and internet, network and sharing, then adapter settings. If you have more than one lan connection you will see them. Select advanced(if you do not see it press alt key) then select advanced settings. Make sre the LCMS lan card is first. If you are only using one network card, then you have a bad communication/smart card in the MS and you will need onsite for replacement.

• Hi 

On PCs the Agilent supplies with with our instruments, they usually have 2 Nic cards. One is used for the instrument and the other is used for the house/lab network. With WIN 7 you can go to control panel, Network and internet, network and sharing, then adapter settings. If you have more than one lan connection you will see them. Select advanced(if you do not see it press alt key) then select advanced settings. Make sre the LCMS lan card is first. If you are only using one network card, then you have a bad communication/smart card in the MS and you will need onsite for replacement.

Children
Was this helpful?