Leaking from needle seat

Hi, I am currently using a 1260 ALS autosampler (6 port valve) on my HPLC system. However, every time I inject sample, or simply run my method at "mainpass" mode for the injection port, I can see a significant pressure drop and also leaking from the needle seat. I just changed a new needle seat, needle, rotor seal and isolation seal. But it is still leaking.

Has anyone seen similar problem before? And also, is there a pressure limit for the injection port? My back pressure is around 100 bar. Is that possible that the back pressure is too high that the injection port can not hold this pressure?

Thank you!

• Hi Cecilie,

Could you please provide more information about the nature of this leak event you have observed with your 1260 Infinity II Vialsampler? I would appreciate it if you could send me a couple of photos so that I better understand the situation.

If the leak stems from the needle wash system, these are the potential sources.

• The well, in which the needle is dipped during the wash procedure, has a hole at the bottom. It can happen, for example, when the needle pierces the bottom of the well. If that is the case, the wash solvent can drip onto the seat during the wash procedure. You could remove the wash port as described in the user manual and inspect it for punch marks. If necessary, replace the wash port.
    • The solvent line is not correctly connected to the wash port, causing a leak. You could remove the wash port from the sampler. Then, disconnect the solvent line and reconnect it. If necessary, replace the wash port.
Was this helpful?