Restriction Capillary Used For Leak Test

Where is the Restriction Capillary for the Leak Test on the Agilent 1100 installed?

Parents
  • Hello,

the Restriction Capillary is not used for a Leak Rate Test. It has a different purpose, which is usually to increase the pressure of a system for different reasons. What you need is the Blank Nut (01080-83202). That would normally be used at the purge valve where the capillary comes out and goes to the Autosampler. You take that capillary out of the purge valve and put the blank nut there instead. I would suggest getting Agilent Lab Advisor for that since it can run it for you and give you instructions as well. It is a great diagnostic tool for Agilent HPLC.

Kinds Regards,
    Gabriel

• I am new to this and am following the prompts that our quat pump diagnosis screen lists about at step 6.  It says to install Capillary (Part No. G1313-87305).  I am just confused why?

• Hi,

G1313-87305 is not a restriction capillary at all.

It is a normal connection capillary with 0.17mm id and 180mm length.

The Leak Test itself is dedicated just for the pump alone so performing this test typically requires a stainless-steel blank nut being attached to the purge valve.

What diagnosis screen do you mean?

Is this from the Agilent handheld module or some other tool?

Best

Andreas

• Hi,

G1313-87305 is not a restriction capillary at all.

It is a normal connection capillary with 0.17mm id and 180mm length.

The Leak Test itself is dedicated just for the pump alone so performing this test typically requires a stainless-steel blank nut being attached to the purge valve.

What diagnosis screen do you mean?

Is this from the Agilent handheld module or some other tool?

Best

Andreas

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?