Problems with alignment in Autosampler G1367B

I have a problem with a 1200 hALS that has lost its homing and positioning for the sample locations in the tray. Unit started up fine and then complained about x-axis not moving to right location. Suggested I service the X-Axis motor, encoder and sensor. I checked those were working. I did find hardened grease on the drive and cleaned and re-lubed with Lithium grease #2. Moving fine now. But it has lost it's 0,0 position. if fails after moving the sampling arm around after restart because it lowers into a sample well in the wrong position. I have tried a transport alignment in Agilent Lab Advisor software but it does not make it through the routine and opens the door in failure. Is there a way to do a hard reset so that I can make it through the routine? I found one for the G1367A but not the G1376B. Thank you for your help. Any body else have similar issues in the past. I would like to build a history file on this subject. /cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/41/HPLC-1200-ALS-Fault-_2D00_-720WebShareName.mov

• This is helpful. I did get a new motor and the belt and drive sprocket were ok. After Instal I did a cold start. I did make sure most of the grease was removed and only light instrument oil was used on the drive screw. Also cleaned the tracks and roller bearings and lubed with light oil. The x-axis now moves perfectly. However, I After even a cold start the position of the sample gripper and needle are not good enough. I have a tray 1 for sample vials installed as per OEM. Seems the position of the needle is not accurate. Well it makes it through the startup initialization routine, however, you cannot run the transport alignment without the needle going into the wrong spot and the system then says it might be a bent needle. It is not bent. It is just off by about 10-12 mm from where it should be and then fails with the possible bent needle. Ultimatley the needle is just not in the right position before lowering the needle. Any idea? the theta axis looks good, motor belt etc. it is almost like the encoder and belt drive are slightly out of sync, is that possible? 

• You are right, the grease had hardened somewhat and it was dragging the X-Axis. I finally removed old grease and used a light instrument oil and replaced the weakened motor and that part is not running and get through the initialization perfectly. I am still having a problem with the needle/sample gripper not aligning with the sample seat and the needle position is off by about 10-12 mm. Still fighting that problem. 

• This was very helpful. However, I needed to replace the transport x-axis motor. After that replacement and changing the lubricant, I could get through the initialization perfectly.  

• Addendum - Special note: the grease originally used on the drive has a tendency to dry up. I had to remove both old and fresh grease (NLGI) and replace with light instrument oil. runs much better that way. At least with Tray 1 configuration. 

• install original plate (that has space for 2x54 vial and aditional 10 spaces for vials on the right hand side of tray , remove 54 vial inserts and do a transport aligment. I hope this will fix it

• Ok I think this makes sense as it is the default tray it would seem. Found it in the manual and I have it on order from Agilent. This could be the ticket. 

Was this helpful?