Problems with alignment in Autosampler G1367B

I have a problem with a 1200 hALS that has lost its homing and positioning for the sample locations in the tray. Unit started up fine and then complained about x-axis not moving to right location. Suggested I service the X-Axis motor, encoder and sensor. I checked those were working. I did find hardened grease on the drive and cleaned and re-lubed with Lithium grease #2. Moving fine now. But it has lost it's 0,0 position. if fails after moving the sampling arm around after restart because it lowers into a sample well in the wrong position. I have tried a transport alignment in Agilent Lab Advisor software but it does not make it through the routine and opens the door in failure. Is there a way to do a hard reset so that I can make it through the routine? I found one for the G1367A but not the G1376B. Thank you for your help. Any body else have similar issues in the past. I would like to build a history file on this subject. /cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/41/HPLC-1200-ALS-Fault-_2D00_-720WebShareName.mov

Parents
  • Well,  I thank everyone for their help. I am learning, and so I set the DIP switches were pushed into 1,2,8 only high. Then restarted. It restarts and then fails. The problem is that the Lab Advisor is running via RS232 and it stops communicating because of DIP position. This means I did not have a way to initialize the alignment (needle location) routine. Well I thought I would go back to the CAN connected local PC running ChemStations and try from there. Under the diagnostic tab, I did not find a routine to align.

Should I only align after the cold start routine is complete? and then go back to RS232 comms to run the Lab advisor Alignment procedure? 

• For cold start routine you just turn instrument OFF, set switches and turn instrument back ON. You dont need to start any aligment procedure. If autosampler could not initialize by it self then you have a HW problem and you need to take transport assembly out from autosampler and inspect X axis motor/belt/motor pulley wheel

• You are right, the grease had hardened somewhat and it was dragging the X-Axis. I finally removed old grease and used a light instrument oil and replaced the weakened motor and that part is not running and get through the initialization perfectly. I am still having a problem with the needle/sample gripper not aligning with the sample seat and the needle position is off by about 10-12 mm. Still fighting that problem. 

• You are right, the grease had hardened somewhat and it was dragging the X-Axis. I finally removed old grease and used a light instrument oil and replaced the weakened motor and that part is not running and get through the initialization perfectly. I am still having a problem with the needle/sample gripper not aligning with the sample seat and the needle position is off by about 10-12 mm. Still fighting that problem. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?