Problems with alignment in Autosampler G1367B

I have a problem with a 1200 hALS that has lost its homing and positioning for the sample locations in the tray. Unit started up fine and then complained about x-axis not moving to right location. Suggested I service the X-Axis motor, encoder and sensor. I checked those were working. I did find hardened grease on the drive and cleaned and re-lubed with Lithium grease #2. Moving fine now. But it has lost it's 0,0 position. if fails after moving the sampling arm around after restart because it lowers into a sample well in the wrong position. I have tried a transport alignment in Agilent Lab Advisor software but it does not make it through the routine and opens the door in failure. Is there a way to do a hard reset so that I can make it through the routine? I found one for the G1367A but not the G1376B. Thank you for your help. Any body else have similar issues in the past. I would like to build a history file on this subject. /cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/41/HPLC-1200-ALS-Fault-_2D00_-720WebShareName.mov

Parents
  • Hello, I guess you have problem with motor for X axis or broken/cracked motor pulley wheel or belt...since this is quite an old instrument I have seen a lot of them with problematic motor pulley wheel and belt. Cold start suggested from kbusch could help you if it is firmware/software issue, but if you have hardware problem then cold start wont help because your transport arm is not moving fast enough because motor pulley is broken or missing teeth. I suggest you try cold start, if this wont help you should take transport assembly out of autosampler, remove black plastic cover at the back and take a look at the motor on the left side of the assembly. Motor can be ordered Slight smile

• This is helpful. I did get a new motor and the belt and drive sprocket were ok. After Instal I did a cold start. I did make sure most of the grease was removed and only light instrument oil was used on the drive screw. Also cleaned the tracks and roller bearings and lubed with light oil. The x-axis now moves perfectly. However, I After even a cold start the position of the sample gripper and needle are not good enough. I have a tray 1 for sample vials installed as per OEM. Seems the position of the needle is not accurate. Well it makes it through the startup initialization routine, however, you cannot run the transport alignment without the needle going into the wrong spot and the system then says it might be a bent needle. It is not bent. It is just off by about 10-12 mm from where it should be and then fails with the possible bent needle. Ultimatley the needle is just not in the right position before lowering the needle. Any idea? the theta axis looks good, motor belt etc. it is almost like the encoder and belt drive are slightly out of sync, is that possible? 

• install original plate (that has space for 2x54 vial and aditional 10 spaces for vials on the right hand side of tray , remove 54 vial inserts and do a transport aligment. I hope this will fix it

• Ok I think this makes sense as it is the default tray it would seem. Found it in the manual and I have it on order from Agilent. This could be the ticket. 

• Ok so new plate went in then I did a cold start, things went fine. Then a warm Start and things went fine as the initialization all passed. then traded out the default tray for my 100 vial tray and when running a sequence it missed vial number two completely and stayed in the seat. I reinstalled the default tray and then ran a transport alignment with lab advisor. I then changed my method to use the default tray a standard curve with 5 vials of increasing concentration of caffeine.Peaks every thing looks good. It only ran 4 of the 5 (missed vial number 3 this time). I am not seeing any faults in Chemstation. What do you think would cause a skip in the sequence? BTW it is the latest firmware and always has been. Thank you!  

• Hello, the only thing that comes to my mind is...heigh difference in vials and using option ˇˇIgnore missing vesselˇˇ in the method. Take your tray out and take a look at the vials placed in the tray...do you see any heigh difference between them? I once had the same problem with some cheap 2ml vials that were a few milimeters difference in heigh and autosampler was skipping them because it though that there is no vial present at that position and because option ˇˇIgnore missing vesselˇˇ in ALS method was turned ON the sequence did not stopped. Check this heigh and undo this option in the ALS method so you will get an error if vial is not recognized in tray.

• Hello, the only thing that comes to my mind is...heigh difference in vials and using option ˇˇIgnore missing vesselˇˇ in the method. Take your tray out and take a look at the vials placed in the tray...do you see any heigh difference between them? I once had the same problem with some cheap 2ml vials that were a few milimeters difference in heigh and autosampler was skipping them because it though that there is no vial present at that position and because option ˇˇIgnore missing vesselˇˇ in ALS method was turned ON the sequence did not stopped. Check this heigh and undo this option in the ALS method so you will get an error if vial is not recognized in tray.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?