HiPALS needle position z-axis

Hello everyone,

we are running a 1260 Infinity with a HiP ALS. The needle needs to be adjusted for the z-axis / needle-down position, since about 40 µl of sample remain in the insert of the vial.

We are using the LabAdvisor software.

Does anybody can provide a way how to calibrate the needle-down position?

Parents
  • Hey, in Lab Advisor you cannot adjust this. You can do it in the method in the chromatographic data system (CDS) as it is part of the LC driver. Go to the G1367E method, then to the Advanced tab, there you can adjust the "draw position". See the screenshot. A negative value will move the needle down lower. Be careful not to crash the needle into the inserts. 

• Hello again, I'm sorry for the late response. I'm still struggling with the LC control. I just started to work with that system and I have three ways of controlling the LC: The Lab Advisor software, Analyst (but there is just a profile with the LC combined to the MS) and the Agilent Instant Pilot as part of the LC. I wasn't able to enter the menu to the GE1367E method where I could adjust the draw position. Could you please guide me somehow? That would be awesome.

• Hello again, I'm sorry for the late response. I'm still struggling with the LC control. I just started to work with that system and I have three ways of controlling the LC: The Lab Advisor software, Analyst (but there is just a profile with the LC combined to the MS) and the Agilent Instant Pilot as part of the LC. I wasn't able to enter the menu to the GE1367E method where I could adjust the draw position. Could you please guide me somehow? That would be awesome.

Children
Was this helpful?