G4204A quat pump Error messages –Drive off and –Outlet valve block position

HI, I have a G4204A quat pump which displays the error “Drive off” and “Outlet valve block position” in LabAdvisor. Please can anyone tell me what this means and how I might be able to fix it. We don’t have much money (academia!) and would like to fix it without calling out an engineer if possible. Thanks

Parents
  • Hello BlueMoon,

Either the pump drive is defective or you have a totally clogged outlet ball valve which is causing excessive current when the pump tries to initialize on power on.  

Suggest turning the pump off, carefully remove the outlet ball valve [refer to the User Manual], then power on the pump and see if it shows the same error.  If yes, then you will need to call Agilent to get the pump drive replaced.  If no error, then you can try sonicating the outlet ball valve in a beaker with water [assumption is you are running in reverse phase], assemble it and see if the error is shown.  If yes, then you will need to purchase and replace the valve.

• Hello BlueMoon,

Either the pump drive is defective or you have a totally clogged outlet ball valve which is causing excessive current when the pump tries to initialize on power on.  

Suggest turning the pump off, carefully remove the outlet ball valve [refer to the User Manual], then power on the pump and see if it shows the same error.  If yes, then you will need to call Agilent to get the pump drive replaced.  If no error, then you can try sonicating the outlet ball valve in a beaker with water [assumption is you are running in reverse phase], assemble it and see if the error is shown.  If yes, then you will need to purchase and replace the valve.

Children
  • Hey, this is not the case. When the pump is not initialized (not ready) the information Drive off and out valve block position are present. The out valve block position refers to the position of the multipurpose valve. The multipurpose valve is in the blocked position.This has nothing to do with an outlet ball valve being blocked or a defective pump drive.

Was this helpful?