all module offline on chemstation except the module with internal lan card

The system is a 1260, the detector is G4212B (FWB07.27) with internal lan card, that is the only module that is visible to the chemstation (B04.03) and a pilot controller as well, all the other modules are offline on chemstation that include G5667A sampler, G5611A pump, and G1316C column) with their firmware also invisible (FW A07.02 A07.01 and A07.02 correspondingly). With a controller, all the firmwares are visible, but some modules are still offline and cannot be controlled. It seems a communication problem as the module can achieve startup on its own. Those Firmware were just updated through firmware updating tool. The detector module is set to use default IP address, the setting on other module were all over the place but setting them all to use default didn't seem to solve the communication issue. Any idea what it going on here? Hope someone can help out. Thank you.

Parents
  • With RC.net drivers A.02.02 SP1 you should be able to see all modules in Chemstation B.04.03. Still I would suggest to first move away from Chemstation (or any other CDS), but use LabAdvisor. Connect to the DAD, then add one module at a time by connecting a known-good CAN cable. Be advised that hot-plugging/hot-unplugging is not supported, although it often will work. Therefore power off both modules, connect the CAN cable, then power on and try to connect to your detector IP address (192.168.254.11 I reckon).

• Thank you very much for your quick attention. I take advice to use Labadvisor, however, the host computer is a windows 7 system and the built-in net framework is NE3.5, but LabAdvisor downloaded from Agilent site needs Net Framework version 4.7.2 , which failed to install and gave a error message of "timestamp signature and certificate could not be verified".  Any idea on how install LabAdvisor in this system or get around LabAdvisor and make the system work again? This doesn't seems to be a hardware problem since the pilot control can see all the module and control in some extend, this system had been running fine a year back before been shut down and set aside. Thank you,

• Will you able to use the "instant diag" app included into the iso file of the Lab Advisor The instant diag is a portable version of the LA.

If the connection is succesful and all modules are visible, I think that maybe is an instrument configuration issue.

• Thanks, the lab advisor installation file I downloaded from Agilent website  was a single execution file and I was not able to install lit in the host computer due to the maybe mismatch of timestamp signature. So I guess I didn't have chance to see the instant diag app. 

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?