Removal of lipids contaminants from C18 column

Hi everyone,

Recently, I run the LCMS to analyze lipids (glycerol with 2 fatty acid chain, and 1 hydrophilic tail) with C18 column. I realized after running several times, the lipids are really stubborn, it sticks to the column. May I know what types of solvent can i use to remove this? I tried ACN, IPA (isocratic) but it seems not effective. Should I combine them?

Thank you.

Parents
  • You could always try 45% ACN:45% IPA:10% Acetone. Mix in one bottle and pump through column to waste. You don't want that in the MS! Make sure after flushing you then flush with more water miscible solvents like ACN then MeOH.

Agree you may also have "stuff" stuck to tubing in the autosampler, so do some blank injections without a column to see what comes off the LC only.

• You could always try 45% ACN:45% IPA:10% Acetone. Mix in one bottle and pump through column to waste. You don't want that in the MS! Make sure after flushing you then flush with more water miscible solvents like ACN then MeOH.

Agree you may also have "stuff" stuck to tubing in the autosampler, so do some blank injections without a column to see what comes off the LC only.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?