Removal of lipids contaminants from C18 column

Hi everyone,

Recently, I run the LCMS to analyze lipids (glycerol with 2 fatty acid chain, and 1 hydrophilic tail) with C18 column. I realized after running several times, the lipids are really stubborn, it sticks to the column. May I know what types of solvent can i use to remove this? I tried ACN, IPA (isocratic) but it seems not effective. Should I combine them?

Thank you.

Parents
  • You might make sure your sample does not come out of solution in the autosampler.  Analytes that collect in the tubing/equipment due to insolubility can be hard tor rinse from the system.  Maybe use starting mobile phase 100% methanol with 0.2% 5 M  ammonium acetate  in water and 100% isopropanol with 0.2% ammonium acetate in water for mobile phase B

If compatible with the column, you could use 50% methylene chloride and 50% IPA to rinse the system.  Flush the system with IPA first and after to prevent immiscible solvent combinations.   I would not leave methylene chloride in the HPLC for an extended period since chlorinated solvents can be corrosive to stainless steel

• You might make sure your sample does not come out of solution in the autosampler.  Analytes that collect in the tubing/equipment due to insolubility can be hard tor rinse from the system.  Maybe use starting mobile phase 100% methanol with 0.2% 5 M  ammonium acetate  in water and 100% isopropanol with 0.2% ammonium acetate in water for mobile phase B

If compatible with the column, you could use 50% methylene chloride and 50% IPA to rinse the system.  Flush the system with IPA first and after to prevent immiscible solvent combinations.   I would not leave methylene chloride in the HPLC for an extended period since chlorinated solvents can be corrosive to stainless steel

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?