UV Lamp hours keep  increasing when HPLC system is at standby mode

Hi,

Can you please provide me reason Why UV lamp hours of G1315A detector keep increasing even if 1100 HPLC system is at standby mode and instrument part i.e pump, lamp, thermostat and auto sampler is off after last sequence run ?

Thank you

Regards

Monika

Parents
  • Hello

I think software is showing “detector powered on time”. Please click DAD icon and find “Show module details”. (Not a right-click!) Then you can see detailed picture.  Next ,please find UV lamp icon that is longer oval like upside-downed egg plant, (I think the egg plant is long oval ,,,,, at least in my nearest supermarket,,,,, ) and click it. You can find “update variables display“, that will update numeric information of it on lower screen. You will find Lamp used hours.

Right now, the “LabAdvisor” software does diagnostics function. So my suggestion is very old way . I can’t remember all detailed all procedure so please try clicking, “show module display” and “update variables display” , and arrow icon to getting back.

Happy weekend for everyone!

• Hello

I think software is showing “detector powered on time”. Please click DAD icon and find “Show module details”. (Not a right-click!) Then you can see detailed picture.  Next ,please find UV lamp icon that is longer oval like upside-downed egg plant, (I think the egg plant is long oval ,,,,, at least in my nearest supermarket,,,,, ) and click it. You can find “update variables display“, that will update numeric information of it on lower screen. You will find Lamp used hours.

Right now, the “LabAdvisor” software does diagnostics function. So my suggestion is very old way . I can’t remember all detailed all procedure so please try clicking, “show module display” and “update variables display” , and arrow icon to getting back.

Happy weekend for everyone!

Children
  • Thank you , I found UV & visible Lamp hours. It show  that lamps was replaced in 2011 and 2012 and accumulated hours on lamps are 8137.65hrs(UV ) and 9248.47hrs(visible)---shocked to see these many hours on lamps . Most HPLC lamps are good for ~2000 – 3000hrs. I ran intensity test and it failed at “Lowest intensity “ in range from 190-220nm,221nmn-350nm, 351nm-500nm and 501nm-950nm but pass at highest intensity in range from 190nm-30nm and 700nm-950nm and D2 alpha line. Other tests like DAD filter test, Holmium filter test and Dark current test passed. Does it mean I need to change both the lamps?

Regards

Monika

Was this helpful?