UV Lamp hours keep  increasing when HPLC system is at standby mode

Hi,

Can you please provide me reason Why UV lamp hours of G1315A detector keep increasing even if 1100 HPLC system is at standby mode and instrument part i.e pump, lamp, thermostat and auto sampler is off after last sequence run ?

Thank you

Regards

Monika

Parents
  • I don't think the hours are real. The D2 lamp very likely would be dead at 8000+ hrs. For Agilent long-life lamps we guarantee 2000 hrs and often see 3000-4000 hrs.

With regards to low intensity, a new D2 lamp might help, but cannot compensate for such ancient optic. Things like the achromat lens, but also the diode array itself age over time. Like I said before, the G1315A is fully out of support for almost eight years. Certain parts might still be available, but I would not invest too much money into such old detector. Definitely we don't have major parts like the optical unit or main board any longer, so you will be much better off with a new G7115A detector or a cheaper, used, but refurbished and certified G1315C or G1315D. 

• Thank you everyone for excellent help. I need to discuss the idea of changing antique detector with my supervisor.

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?