HPLC Degasser/ Gradient Pump "No Vacuum"

Hello,

I've just yesterday encountered a problem with our HPLC (Agilent 1220 LC model). After a full day of sample prep I found I couldn't run my sequence as my gradient pump would never switch to ready in Chemstation. Scrolling over the pump status gives the error "no vacuum" insinuating that the degasser is faulty. I called support and was told we likely have to replace the degasser.

My question is is there anything that could cause this other than the degasser before we go ahead and replace that part? Could any tubing or frits be causing a leak that would be a much easier fix, etc? This is my first encounter having to go through repairs like this on this type of instrumentation so any help, suggestions to try, or troubleshooting tips are appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi,

I have the same problem as well. We are using LC 1220 Infinity series. We tried flushing the system with isopropanol for 10 minutes just in case the bubbles are present. However, this does not solve the problem. The pump failed to get ready within the period of time and at the end the pump showed "error" (red light) and machine stopped. Error " degasser cannot reach the level within the specified time" shown.

What could be the problem? We already check if there is any leaking on every tubing but nothing. All seem fine. My second guess is the degasser/pump hardware may be the broken. There was one time we keep on restarting the machine and still got the same pump error. Only after 3 hours of restarting, it finally worked ( we still don't know why this happen).

How is your HPLC now? Did it worked after you tried changing the setting as recommended by Spacefish?

• Hi,

I have the same problem as well. We are using LC 1220 Infinity series. We tried flushing the system with isopropanol for 10 minutes just in case the bubbles are present. However, this does not solve the problem. The pump failed to get ready within the period of time and at the end the pump showed "error" (red light) and machine stopped. Error " degasser cannot reach the level within the specified time" shown.

What could be the problem? We already check if there is any leaking on every tubing but nothing. All seem fine. My second guess is the degasser/pump hardware may be the broken. There was one time we keep on restarting the machine and still got the same pump error. Only after 3 hours of restarting, it finally worked ( we still don't know why this happen).

How is your HPLC now? Did it worked after you tried changing the setting as recommended by Spacefish?

Children
Was this helpful?