my 1200 VWD lamp comes on but the detector module remains not ready, what is going on?

My 1200 VWD lamp turns on fine, however, the detector module remains not ready, why?

Parents
  • Hi ncrystalj, what might help with guiding you through this issue is posting the revision and type of software you're using. Most software has this information under Help > About. Please post the full software name and its revision. Without knowing that information, we can't provide specific instructions, but I will say generally that the reason for which any module is not ready should be able to be found out by hovering over the Not Ready status box in the software (usually a yellow rectangle). It might not be the lamp that's causing the detector to be Not Ready; what does that message say?

• I do now see that it's lost its calibration.

In regard to the version info here they are:

OpenLAB CDS ChemStation Edition - Rev. C.01.07 SR3 [465]

Agilent OpenLAB CDS ChemStation LC and CE Drivers

product version - 2.17.29

driver version - A.02.17 [32]

Thank you valentinrusu

• What likely happened is the wavelength check that is done after lamp ignition failed. When the lamp is switched on, the detector waits 1 minute to warm-up the lamp. Then a check of the deuterium emission line via the reference diode is performed. If the emission line is more than 3 nm away from 656 nm, an error message is generated. Do you see any other errors? Is the lamp newly installed? It's possible the lamp might need to be replaced if, for example, the intensity test fails but the cell test passes. Otherwise, you can perform the wavelength calibration described in your User Manual, under the Tests & Calibrations section of the Maintenance chapter.

• You can get to Lab Advisor download links and information about firmware from the Agilent.com site: Download Firmware or click here to download the latest version directly.

Onsite service might indeed be necessary. Please contact your regional support center for help. Information is available at Contact Us | Agilent. In the U.S., you can either call the support number or submit an online service call by clicking this link (also available in the previous link): Online Service Request Logging Form | Agilent.

Please also mark the reply that answered your original question as the "Correct Answer."

• Thank you valentinrusu.  Sadly I suspect I'll have to call someone in.  As we are in the transition to OpenLab we've now found out that the Lab Advisor we had are not installed onto the servers.  Basically IT was not aware of the need for it etc.....  So I can't do any diagnostics right now.   Ugh...  We did try a brand new lamp and it's the same issue.  Just need to get access to Lab Advisor I believe.

• Thank you valentinrusu.  Sadly I suspect I'll have to call someone in.  As we are in the transition to OpenLab we've now found out that the Lab Advisor we had are not installed onto the servers.  Basically IT was not aware of the need for it etc.....  So I can't do any diagnostics right now.   Ugh...  We did try a brand new lamp and it's the same issue.  Just need to get access to Lab Advisor I believe.

Children
Was this helpful?