What is the basic maintanance that i can do to ensure the HPLC working well?

Hi there, I am new with HPLC machine. I just want to know, what is the basic maintenance or preventive maintenance which i can do to sure my instrument working properly. if there any tutorial/ book that i can refer

Thank you

Best Regard

Shahrul

Parents
  • Agilent used to have a product called Agilent Maintenance Wizard which guides you through the preventive maintenance procedure, however we stopped selling it ...

Things to look at:

Pump: Leak (use Leak Test in Lab Advisor) and Ripple, if there is a leak, ensure everything is tight and if the leak occurs on the seals, exchange them! Ripple can point at problems with the valves in the pump which can be exchanged as well, but mostly this is caused by air bubbles or wrong compression settings.
    Run a elasticity calibration if available if you changed parts on the pump drive or disassembled it.
    Injector: The rotor in the valve of the injector as well as the seat and needle can be exchanged as they all wear, there is a Sampler Leak test for most samplers which can give an indication.

Column Compartment: Well either it works or it doesn´t, there is a test to test the performance of the heating / cooling elements, you can run it, but normally it doesn´t matter as long as you can reach the temperature required for your application
    Detector: Depending on detector the UV-Lamp has to be exchanged if you no longer reach the Signal to Noise level you require for your application! There is buildup of deposits on the optical windows of the detectors, cleaning these windows or replacing them helps with sensivity and might contribute to a large signal / noise increase.

For some detectors you can run a wavelength calibration inside Lab Advisor.

Lab Advisor is on the CD delivered with your Pump, there is no additional license required for basic maintenance of up to 10 modules.

In case you don´t have the cd / don´t have a CD-Drive you can download the latest version of Lab Advisor here:  http://labadvisor.pl29.agilent.com/latest

B.t.w. part wear greatly depends on the pressure you use the system at as well as the solvents you use..

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?