Aux EPC or PCM for Collision Gas 7890/7200

Hi, we're trying to set up a used 7200 and everything is working but the 7890A we have doesn't have the dedicated CC EPC - is it possible to configure a standard Aux EPC or PCM in a 7890A to control collision cell flow?

Thanks

Parents
  • No.  There is a QTOF specific collision cell EPC module. The software needs to recognize it.

G3850-60039 | Agilent   EPC module

G3470-60550 | Agilent,  Fitting and 1/16" tubing to go from the EPC module to the QTOF CC 1/16" Swagelok connection.

Is the 7890 setup for the MS transferline heater/sensor connection?  Has that GC ever been run with a mass spec?

Is it a 7200A or 7200B ? What's the serial number?

• It's a 7890A - it hasn't been run with a mass spec before but it has the correct aux heater connection and we removed the rebated hole for the transfer line and got everything set up and configured so it recognizes the transfer line and heats it. The 7200 was purchased from a reputable biotech liquidation auction company by itself as working and come to find out it was missing the entire transfer line module, the TOF gauge, the foreline gauge, the #3 turbo, half the foreline connections, and the #2 turbo had a lunched bearing. It's taken quite a bit of work but we've managed to get it running smoothly for uunder $10,000 in parts from Agilent and resellers, finally giving good signal, holding excellent vacuum, turbos are running extremely smooth/quiet/low current consumption, no errors etc. 

For now just to test everything out we've been able to run samples by feeding N2 to the collision cell directly via a manual Omega 0-6ml/min flow meter and everything seems to work fine, and we're getting good results so we were hoping to avoid having to spend another $3k on parts if at all possible but if that's the only way, I guess that's what we have to do. Thanks!

•     A normal EPC module could probably supply the nitrogen to the collision cell but it's not tested, not supported, no one knows as it's never been done.  If you can run it now and MassHunter Acquisition isn't complaining it might work.

How long was it open to atmosphere?  I'm very surprised that the detector itself is functional.  They do not handle exposure to moisture well at all.  I keep track of the GC QTOF systems in North and South America, that's why I asked the model and serial number. 

•     A normal EPC module could probably supply the nitrogen to the collision cell but it's not tested, not supported, no one knows as it's never been done.  If you can run it now and MassHunter Acquisition isn't complaining it might work.

How long was it open to atmosphere?  I'm very surprised that the detector itself is functional.  They do not handle exposure to moisture well at all.  I keep track of the GC QTOF systems in North and South America, that's why I asked the model and serial number. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?