While using GC Sampler 80 for headspace analysis, is there a way to delay the split flow so that the split won't be turned on during sample incubation?

We have a 7890A coupled with GC Sampler 80. I noticed that when we use a split method, the split flow will be turned on in the beginning of the incubation. This is quite a waste of helium gas in my opinion. I have tried to look for any delay settings and was not able to find any. Am I missing anything? Is there any way to save helium?

Parents
  • How high a split flow are you using?    Is Gas Saver turned ON in your method?  --like Gas Saver ON, 20 ml/min at 2.00 minutes.      Make sure not to go lower than 20 ml/min as there is a chance of back diffusion of air into the inlet any lower. If you run an oven temperature profile that goes hotter than 250° C, I'd even say that the gas saver should be set to 30 ml/min or even higher to avoid any possibility of oxygen damage to the column.

What CTC cycle are you using?  Does it list A-xxxx or is it a non-Agilent CTC cycle? 

• How high a split flow are you using?    Is Gas Saver turned ON in your method?  --like Gas Saver ON, 20 ml/min at 2.00 minutes.      Make sure not to go lower than 20 ml/min as there is a chance of back diffusion of air into the inlet any lower. If you run an oven temperature profile that goes hotter than 250° C, I'd even say that the gas saver should be set to 30 ml/min or even higher to avoid any possibility of oxygen damage to the column.

What CTC cycle are you using?  Does it list A-xxxx or is it a non-Agilent CTC cycle? 

Children
Was this helpful?