7000C chamber door will not open

We use 7000C ms we are having issues with autotune and were advised by Agilent to clean the HED.

After venting instrument, chamber door will not open. All screws,  cables etc removed, vented as instructed. It has been opened many times but only encountering this issue now.

Any suggestions on how to get it opened. Thanks

Parents
  • If you want to clean the HED and the rear analyzer had never been opened before...it can be a bit difficult to get the rear analyzer opened. Remove the sheet metal rear analyzer electronics cover.  Make sure that the two shipping screws are loosened all the way and the instrument is vented.  Gently pull on the rear-most shipping screw. If the analyzer door does not open - I use a hard plastic screwdriver between the analyzer side plate and the manifold.  I start at the top of the very back edge and work my way down that rear edge.  

I just did this last week and it took me a few careful minutes to get it opened.  When I did, the analyzer O ring was still partially stuck onto the analyzer side plate. I had to remove the entire rear analyzer from the mainframe to be able to reinstall that O ring.  This is not for the faint of heart!  You may want to call Agilent and have a trained Field Service Engineer come out.

• If you want to clean the HED and the rear analyzer had never been opened before...it can be a bit difficult to get the rear analyzer opened. Remove the sheet metal rear analyzer electronics cover.  Make sure that the two shipping screws are loosened all the way and the instrument is vented.  Gently pull on the rear-most shipping screw. If the analyzer door does not open - I use a hard plastic screwdriver between the analyzer side plate and the manifold.  I start at the top of the very back edge and work my way down that rear edge.  

I just did this last week and it took me a few careful minutes to get it opened.  When I did, the analyzer O ring was still partially stuck onto the analyzer side plate. I had to remove the entire rear analyzer from the mainframe to be able to reinstall that O ring.  This is not for the faint of heart!  You may want to call Agilent and have a trained Field Service Engineer come out.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?