MS 5975C - Sequence not starting - 'MS parameter 64.256 is outside the allowed limits: -0.0313 to 64.0313. Sequence error.'

Hello,

I am experiencing unusual problem. As in the subject, my sequence stops right after attempting to run and MS parameter 64.256 error is logged in the Current Logbook. I have never seen anything like this before.

I did some maintenance before that happened. I cleaned the ion source as always. When trying to tune it later on, tuning stopped few times showing an error of MS parameter 64.256 being out of range. I managed to finally tune it using a previous tune file as a template, but the tune report was not great. High EM voltage suggested me to replace it, and I did it as it was old anyway.

I managed to obtain a good tune this time but that was the end of my luck. Happy to run a calibration, I proceeded with starting a sequence and then it refused to run.

Can anyone suggest what to do? I have attached few recent tune reports for better understanding. 

Many thanks in advance.

Parents Reply
  • Hi Ish, 

The maintenance I did yesterday didn't solve the problem. Also I performed the checks that you recommended.

All the parts looked ok (both filament were replaced on the source clean, repeller slightly scratched but used to work like that for years, I refitted the column to be on a safe side).

Instrument still tunes without errors, and the sequence is still not running (also tried to run an archive seq, and a seq. created from scratch). Every time sequences were evaluated before running and the evaluation passed.

There are not any specific errors popping up on tuning or on attempting the run. The sequence just stops itself.

The only error I can see is the log entry as below. I do not understand why it says 'Sequence error or user abort.' after the positive sequence evaluation. And certainly I do not abort it!

What is this parameter related to? What does it mean to me?

What else can I do?

Children
Was this helpful?