How do I change my autotune temperature settings?

I'm using a 7890/5975 with an inert ion source - my methods and manual tune utilize a source temperature above 300 degrees and I want to match my autotune to that as well. Currently if I want to autotune, my MS default temp will switch back to 250, but I want consistency between the two. 

Parents
  • And by default the source temp max in the software is 250 C for the reason PWD mentioned. If you look at your ion source and it says EI 350 then it can be run at up to 350 C. Go into your MS Temperatures menu in Tune and Vacuum Control and change the limit to something > 250 C, then change the set point to the desired value. Save the tune, allow 30-60 minutes for the system to equilibrate at the new temperature fully, then run an autotune. After autotuning, update the method source temperature to match the tune.

Best,

Alex

• And by default the source temp max in the software is 250 C for the reason PWD mentioned. If you look at your ion source and it says EI 350 then it can be run at up to 350 C. Go into your MS Temperatures menu in Tune and Vacuum Control and change the limit to something > 250 C, then change the set point to the desired value. Save the tune, allow 30-60 minutes for the system to equilibrate at the new temperature fully, then run an autotune. After autotuning, update the method source temperature to match the tune.

Best,

Alex

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?