GC 7890A do not start run after pressing start manually

I am working on a GC-FPD system using syringe for manual injection. Therefore, I used to:

1. Press "run method" on the software, then wait until the "Pre-run" light stops flashing and stays permanently on

2. Inject sample using syringe

3. Press "Start" manually on the GC 

The machines and such procedures are working well until today. Normally, both the software and the GC would show "Start"/ "Run" after manually pressing the "Start: button on the GC. However, both software and the GC7890A show no response when I press the "Start" button today. I tried restarting all the machines and softwares but still could not fix it. 

Are there any possible causes to such problem? Is it the connection problem between software and GC? 

Parents
  • it could be something as simple as a faulty Start button switch. Please don't mash it hard, but maybe try pressing it a few times in a row to see if that is the problem?  The Start button should cause a run start on the GC even if the software is not ready for a run. The software won't acquire any data, of course, but the GC run should start.

And since it is a 7890A, an older system, on the keyboard, press: Service Mode, Diagnostics, Instrument Status   -- how many runs have been completed on this GC?  That is always an interesting number. I know of some with more than 300,000 injections!  Those were all autosampler runs, though, so the Start button on those is almost new. 

• it could be something as simple as a faulty Start button switch. Please don't mash it hard, but maybe try pressing it a few times in a row to see if that is the problem?  The Start button should cause a run start on the GC even if the software is not ready for a run. The software won't acquire any data, of course, but the GC run should start.

And since it is a 7890A, an older system, on the keyboard, press: Service Mode, Diagnostics, Instrument Status   -- how many runs have been completed on this GC?  That is always an interesting number. I know of some with more than 300,000 injections!  Those were all autosampler runs, though, so the Start button on those is almost new. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?