Problem with PPU column

I am using MicroGC-490. Channel 1 has Mol. sieve 5Å column and channel 2 has PPU column. The GC has be shut for few months. Now, the signal from PPU column is acting strangely. The Mol. sieve channel is working properly. Can some help me identify what might have caused the problem. Attached are the detector response now  and before.

Parents
  • Hello  ,

I am rather unfamiliar with the Micro GCs, but just looking at the two chromatograms, it looks the signal goes from 3.3 mV approximatively to 0 mV, then stays there. It is hard to tell on the original chromatogram where the baseline is at, but if you can zoom in, I'd be curious to see. Is it at 3.3, is it at 0?

What type of detector are you using? Only asking because I am assuming it could be a detector problem, not a column problem.

Hopefully someone with knowledge on Micro GCs will be able to provide a better answer on this.

• Hello  ,

I am rather unfamiliar with the Micro GCs, but just looking at the two chromatograms, it looks the signal goes from 3.3 mV approximatively to 0 mV, then stays there. It is hard to tell on the original chromatogram where the baseline is at, but if you can zoom in, I'd be curious to see. Is it at 3.3, is it at 0?

What type of detector are you using? Only asking because I am assuming it could be a detector problem, not a column problem.

Hopefully someone with knowledge on Micro GCs will be able to provide a better answer on this.

Children
Was this helpful?