GC-microECD analysis question

Hello All,

My lab has been trying to analyze fluorinated compounds in solvent on GC-uECD for a few weeks now and have noticed that the signal is very low compared to chlorine/bromine. I know that is to be expected, but it is so low sensitivity that it will be hard to analzye at any lower concentration. (Which will be necessary)

I am wondering if anyone out there has done work with fluorinated compounds on GC-ECD and has any advice. (Or knows whether or not this is feasible).

Thank you!

Madison Malone

Parents
  • Makeup gas and flow? I'll run 20-60 mL/min, dropping makeup gas flow will boost signal since it's in the analyzer longer. Biggest boost I've seen is from switching off argon/methane to nitrogen for makeup gas. As for the front end you can run splitless/pulsed splitless if you aren't already and increase injection volume if your liner can handle it.

• The makeup gas is high purity N2 and the flow is 30mL/min.

Unfortunately, I have tried both forms of S/SL (with/without a pulse) with no success. We have injected low (~5ng) and high concentrations (64ug) on each injection type with minimal change, so unfortunately, it does not look concentration dependent.

Thank you for your help. We may keep trying a few workarounds. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

• The makeup gas is high purity N2 and the flow is 30mL/min.

Unfortunately, I have tried both forms of S/SL (with/without a pulse) with no success. We have injected low (~5ng) and high concentrations (64ug) on each injection type with minimal change, so unfortunately, it does not look concentration dependent.

Thank you for your help. We may keep trying a few workarounds. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Children
Was this helpful?