GC 7890A FID ADC OFFset Error

Hello everyone

we have GC 7890A FID and have trouble ADC OFFset error.

can you tell us, what is this trouble and how can we resolve this.

thanks for answers Hugging

• Hello  ,

I’m sorry for the delayed reply to your message.  Do you still need assistance with this? If you do, please take into consideration the notes below. However, if the issue was resolved, could you please share what the resolution was?

There is another Community post with a similar error, and the problem was fixed by power-cycling. Here is the link for that: PFPD 5383 - Forum - Gas Chromatography - Agilent Community.

However, I would be curious to know what type of detector you are using.

• Hello   

unfortunate this problem still hawe Disappointed

With the help of the user's manual, we already finded several reasons and troubleshoot the error.

They are:

"Check the FID jet for clogs or damage. If the jet is clogged, you can try cleaning it with a soft brush or replacing it.
    Calibrate the ADC. You can do this using the GC 7890A's built-in calibration routine.
    Check the electrical wiring to the FID. If there is a short circuit or other problem with the wiring, you will need to repair it.
    If you have tried all of these steps and the error persists, you may need to contact Agilent for service."

in my opinion this is a short circuit or other problem with the wiring.. we need to repair it

About the detector, we using Flame ionization detector (FID).

Thank you for your attention.

• Hello  ,

Thank you for your reply. If memory serves, ADC refers to the analog-to-digital circuit. So, if a power cycle didn't fix it, it is quite possible you have an electronic problem.

Unfortunately I do not have recommendations on how to address that yourself for safety reasons. I recommend you reach out to your local Agilent Team, so they can take a look at the electronics.

If you do manage to fix it, please reply with the solution so other Community users with similar issues benefit from it.

Was this helpful?