About 220 volt

Hi ! Tell me....

Question about 220 volts in the power supply. if there is no land, how can this affect the device? can it break and the second question. if there is 120 volts between the ground and zero, how will this affect the device? can electronics burn out? It will be interesting if you share cases from practice.

regards, Azrael

Parents
  • Hi azrael,

If your instrument is a 220 Volt and your electrical supply has been installed by an electrician, there is no difference in the operation/ reliability of the instrument. 

Regards

James

• Hi, James...

Probably, Google translator no good trancled.  

ISP MS broke at the institute. and we think that it’s about electricity. the device should have been grounded. but a voltage of 120 volts was applied to its body. could the detector power board burn out because of this? there are cases when, due to the fact that the device was live, the electronics burned out. so I’m interested in hearing from anyone else? expert opinion.there are cases when, due to the fact that the device was live, the electronics burned out. so I’m interested in hearing from anyone else? expert opinion.

Regards, Azrael

• Hi Abbey ! 

Yes, you really helped. Thanks you. we have 120 volts between the ground and zero. between phase and ground 100 volts. between phase and zero 220 volts. 100 + 120 = 220 volts. I think that the phase voltage is divided between zero and ground. circuit somewhere. and that means that electronics could fail because of this. the device works, but not correctly. with mistakes.

Regards

Azrael. 

• Hi Abbey ! 

Yes, you really helped. Thanks you. we have 120 volts between the ground and zero. between phase and ground 100 volts. between phase and zero 220 volts. 100 + 120 = 220 volts. I think that the phase voltage is divided between zero and ground. circuit somewhere. and that means that electronics could fail because of this. the device works, but not correctly. with mistakes.

Regards

Azrael. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?