ELECTRONIC PNEUMATIC CONTROLLER (EPC) LESS FLOW

Dear  Community Member,

I have facing  some issue in ELECTRONIC PNEUMATIC CONTROLLER (EPC) of GAS CHROMATOGRPAH (7890B)  The EPC Module has not give the Set Flow rate for AIR Flow, as we have give the Set Point of Air 350 ml/min, but the observed flow rate is 160 ml/min whic measure through Agilent based flow meter.  The less flow of air causing the FID turned Off and Flame not ignite.  I would like to  REVIVE the Existing Part in OPEARTION by replacement of any accessory of the said part. Our Instrument team have maintained that EPC Modules are  not completely replaced but certain parts / accessories could be change.  Kindly suggest us as what accessory need to be replaced to make this EPC Revive and Operational.

Regards

Muhammad Usman

Parents Reply
  • Dear Lance, 

I have set the AIR PRESSURE at 7 Bar, there is issue in EPC flow, what our Management want is to REPAIR the said EPC Module by replacing any defective component of EPC rather to completely replace the EPC Module.

Can you plz support and guide that which Component of EPC may be malfunctioning or which component of EPC need to be replace to revive the EPC Module. we have only issue with AIR Flow.

Children
Was this helpful?