GC freezing mid-sequence

We've been having issues with our 7890B gas chromatograph. We have it connected to a workstation running Windows 7 SP1 and OpenLab/Chemstation version C.01.07 [27]. We have a Gerstel MPS attached as a headspace sampler.

We have been trying to run a sequence of 89 samples, and the run has been freezing after a couple of injections (after anywhere from 1 to 5 injections). The software display is identical to when the instrument is waiting for the next injection, but it fails to progress. We've waited up to 12+ hours without a further injection.

I would appreciate guidance on troubleshooting this problem.

Parents
  • I would try to run a sequence from a fresh new method from Def_GC. As dheyaaldeen said, a method can corrupt and then give issues. So that is why I suggest to first start with a new method and also a new sequence not loading a previous sequence or sequence template. Perhaps the sequence or sequence template is corrupted and will not let it complete.

So new method from def_gc and new sequence from scratch and run it for 10-15 samples if you want and see if it completes.

• I would try to run a sequence from a fresh new method from Def_GC. As dheyaaldeen said, a method can corrupt and then give issues. So that is why I suggest to first start with a new method and also a new sequence not loading a previous sequence or sequence template. Perhaps the sequence or sequence template is corrupted and will not let it complete.

So new method from def_gc and new sequence from scratch and run it for 10-15 samples if you want and see if it completes.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?