Shutdown (#6): Back Inlet Flow Shutdown - Agilent 6890

Hello community,

I set up an Agilent 6890 (Software: ChemStation A08.03).

A few seconds after I start the GC, the error message "Shutdown ( # 6 ): Back Inlet Flow Shutdown" is shown on the display. The settings of the Back Inlet shows that the pressure is set to 0.29 but the actual pressure is 0.00. I already checked the helium inlet to the GC: It is set to 6 bar and the gas pipe are clean and nice. I also changed the septum. But the problem is still present. The inlet is connected to a 30 m x 0.250 mm column and the FID is used as detector.

Has anybody an idea how I can fix this problem?

Thank you!

Parents
  • Sorry for the delay: I guess, that my last answer has not posted. (Status: Currently being moderated/ Wird derzeit moderiert.)

Here my last post:

Thank you for your great support!

The actual pressure is still at 0.00 bar. I just looked it up: the pressure unit is bar. So 0.29 bar is the setpoint.

I replaced the folling parts:

• Septum
    • O-Ring (at the top of the liner)
    • Gold Seal
    • Column Nut together with the Graphit Seal

In this step I also reduced the column length to 6 mm.

At the end, I checked the Inlet for leaks with Leak Detector Spray (Kent Europe): No leaks found.

You mean the filter after the inlet?

• The filter is at the end of the copper inlet split vent line under the GC top covers. Check those connections for leaks . 0.29 bar is only 4 psi. Set it at 2 bar and see if it moves.

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?