Shutdown (#6): Back Inlet Flow Shutdown - Agilent 6890

Hello community,

I set up an Agilent 6890 (Software: ChemStation A08.03).

A few seconds after I start the GC, the error message "Shutdown ( # 6 ): Back Inlet Flow Shutdown" is shown on the display. The settings of the Back Inlet shows that the pressure is set to 0.29 but the actual pressure is 0.00. I already checked the helium inlet to the GC: It is set to 6 bar and the gas pipe are clean and nice. I also changed the septum. But the problem is still present. The inlet is connected to a 30 m x 0.250 mm column and the FID is used as detector.

Has anybody an idea how I can fix this problem?

Thank you!

Parents
  • If you have done all this things mentioned above then its clear problem of EPC or Vent valve.

Now you can do two things to check further. First disconnect helium line from back of GC and reconnect again.Then check your problem.

Second if you have two inlet then you can swap EPC from front to back or back to front to identify exact problem but for this need expert to do it. 

• If you have done all this things mentioned above then its clear problem of EPC or Vent valve.

Now you can do two things to check further. First disconnect helium line from back of GC and reconnect again.Then check your problem.

Second if you have two inlet then you can swap EPC from front to back or back to front to identify exact problem but for this need expert to do it. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?