How do I set solvent delay for GC FID on OpenLab software?

Hi all. I want to set a solvent delay in my GC FID method, similar to how we do it for GCMS. How do I go about it using OpenLab? Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi murigi,

I have updated the tags for visibility . Typically for an FID you do not use a solvent delay/ detector off. The FID is a destructive detector and the solvent would pass through and be destroyed. I guess you are looking to have the solvent not shown on the chromatogram  . This can be done with time programming of the signal. Detector off/ on feature or save partial data in the signals section depending on your version of software. I will see if I can get a screen capture for you.

Regards

James

• Hi murigi,

I have updated the tags for visibility . Typically for an FID you do not use a solvent delay/ detector off. The FID is a destructive detector and the solvent would pass through and be destroyed. I guess you are looking to have the solvent not shown on the chromatogram  . This can be done with time programming of the signal. Detector off/ on feature or save partial data in the signals section depending on your version of software. I will see if I can get a screen capture for you.

Regards

James

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?