Agilent GC 6890N Chemstation installation and configuration

one professor's lab has an Agilent GC-FID-FPD 6890N.  Chemstation software G2070AA A08.01 has been accidently removed from the computer.

Googled installation document, but could not find.

We has installed the software and configured GC6890 with GPIB communication interface, but we did not see the list of devices, like split/splitless injector, FID, FPD...

Hello James, would you please share the installation document?

Thank you and regards,

Ying

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello James,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.  6890N is Agilent quality product.  We have several 6890N in the CBE department and they all work well.

We configured the instrument for LAN using IP address 10.1.1.101.  I believe the IP address is standard, so I checked another 6890N GC configuration.

Thank you again

Sincerely your

Ying

• Hi yzhan695,

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered”.  If you still need help though, please let us know and we would be happy to continue working with you. If the issue is resolved please feel free to update us or mark correct answer.

Regards

James

• Hi Ying,

Its should be a basic setup as you mention. If its slow, it can sometimes be that extra settings such as a gateway are being used when its not necessary.

GC 10.10.10.101

SM 255.255.255.0

GW Nothing entered here

PC IP 10.10.10.102

sm 255.255.255.0

GW No entry

No entries in DNS

Make sure any firewalls are off, I don't remember if NT had Windows firewall, but if so, it needs to be off.

James

• Thank you James for your followup.  We can find out the GC IP address by using the keypad on the GC, Options, Communications, it shows zero. Yesterday the IT people came to figure out both computer and the GC IPs.  We are able to configure the instrument.  there are two LAN address windows, the first one we put the GC IP as 10.10.10.101and the second we put the computer IP as 10.10.10.102.  Finally build communication and competed the rest. 

both computer (Windows NT) and GC6890N are original, but communication between them is very slow even editing method.  Do not know how it will do if inject sample.

Thank you and regards,

Ying

Was this helpful?