Too High of Signal EM setting

Hello,

I have been consistently getting the attached error when performing the Startup. "EM setting failed because of too high signal". I have seen a few things here regarding too low of signal for the EM setting, but I have yet to find anything about too high signal. The performance report also does not look good, although we have been getting perfectly fine (linear) results for calcium, manganese, copper, tin, aluminum, zinc and so on. This performance report is fairly consistent- the mass at 89 usually looks nasty, the other two at least resemble peaks. We cleaned the cones in October and do not use the system often- probably 1-2x a month with aqueous samples only. 
We are new to ICP-MS, we were trained in October and when our trainer was here the counts for the performance report looked similar (however 89 was a bit higher) and the peak shape was better.
This is the tuning solution we are using, with both the IS and standard/sample nebulizer in the tuning solution. (Our autosampler broke so we are running manual mode at the moment). https://www.agilent.com/store/undefined/Prod-5185-5959/5185-5959
This is a 7700, with an old version of MassHunter, B.01.03. 
I'm mostly curious what the thoughts are regarding the "too high signal", and what that even means. I am taking the system offline next week to change pump oil, and can check the cones then. Thanks.

Was this helpful?