we are using Agilent 8900. How to switch plasma from hot plasma to cold plasma so that we can test Ca, Na, K, Fe, Zn, Ni, Cu ... in an accurate way? Do I need a S-lens? Thank you a lot.

we are using Agilent 8900. How to switch plasma from hot plasma to cold plasma so that we can test Ca, Na, K, Fe, Zn, Ni, Cu ... in an accurate way? Do I need a S-lens? Thank you a lot.

I tried to lower the RP power, and increase sample depth, but the sensitivity was too low, and the signal of those metals was too weak, almost 0 cps.

Parents
  • Hi,

cool plasma is an option which goes hand in hand with the s-lenses.

If you install these and configure it in masshunter (tools - settings - hardware - ion lenses) Then it appears in the tune modes (and startup)

S-Senses are typically designed for ultra trace level analysis in very clean samples. Do not use them with "dirty" samples, as it will result in a dirty quadrupole in a short time.

Best Regards

Chris

• Chris,

When you say: Do not use them with "dirty" samples, as it will result in a dirty quadrupole in a short time."

Do you mean the samples have to be <0.2% TDS in clear aqueous solution? Otherwise quadrupoles will get contaminated or be deposited with metals and we will need to wash or contact Agilent to wash quadrupole?

Thank you

Sheng

• Chris,

When you say: Do not use them with "dirty" samples, as it will result in a dirty quadrupole in a short time."

Do you mean the samples have to be <0.2% TDS in clear aqueous solution? Otherwise quadrupoles will get contaminated or be deposited with metals and we will need to wash or contact Agilent to wash quadrupole?

Thank you

Sheng

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?