7500 will not light

I have a 7500 ICP-MS,  it has been working fine but this morning the instrument will not sustain the plasma.  During the ignition sequence the forward and reflected RF power indicators of the schematic turn green, the plasma is then ignited for a few seconds when the reflected power indicator turns yellow and the plasma is extinguished.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Hello  

Thanks for using Community.

Which are the Forward and Reflected values? Does the Forward Power reach 1200W ? If not reaches this values,I suggest that put plasticfilm at the entrance torch , and try to ignite plasma in this condition and check the Reflected and Forward Power. If in this way, plasma lights , some air leak can be in the sample introduction (gas nebulizer connector, gas tubing...). On the contrary, the  Reflected power doens't reach 1200W, please contact with your Support Service

Best Regards 

• Hello  

Thanks for using Community.

Which are the Forward and Reflected values? Does the Forward Power reach 1200W ? If not reaches this values,I suggest that put plasticfilm at the entrance torch , and try to ignite plasma in this condition and check the Reflected and Forward Power. If in this way, plasma lights , some air leak can be in the sample introduction (gas nebulizer connector, gas tubing...). On the contrary, the  Reflected power doens't reach 1200W, please contact with your Support Service

Best Regards 

Children
Was this helpful?