ICP-MS 7800 ERROR 1445

hi all,

we have ICP-MS 7800 and getting error 1445. The content of the error is as follows:

"1445, Error: Plasma gas flow rate is too low."  We can't ignite plasma.

Gas valves and gas line have been checked and there is no problem.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hello,

First, I'd make sure the black argon gas lines are securely fitted to the gas ports and onto the torch. Then, in the Dashboard section of the software, you can right click on Sample introduction and click maintenance. You can then open the Ar gas valve, and set the plasma gas to 15 L/min- see screen capture below

From here, you can check if Argon gas is flowing through the torch. Check for any obvious leaks or blockages within the torch, and ensure that your Ar Gas Tank pressure is between 600-700kPa. 

If the issue still persists, I'd recommend contacting Agilent customer support to begin the process of opening a service call. Have a great day

• Hello,

First, I'd make sure the black argon gas lines are securely fitted to the gas ports and onto the torch. Then, in the Dashboard section of the software, you can right click on Sample introduction and click maintenance. You can then open the Ar gas valve, and set the plasma gas to 15 L/min- see screen capture below

From here, you can check if Argon gas is flowing through the torch. Check for any obvious leaks or blockages within the torch, and ensure that your Ar Gas Tank pressure is between 600-700kPa. 

If the issue still persists, I'd recommend contacting Agilent customer support to begin the process of opening a service call. Have a great day

Children
Was this helpful?