ICP-MS 7700 Tune report Mass 59

Hi,

My tune report is not looking good. No Gas mode has high Doubly Charged Ratio 2.897%. I did maintenance 2 days ago due to K and Ni contamination, so I was wondering if could be after that. (I conditioned the cones).

Also, in the second page, He mode has no peak height for mass 59 and the peak looks terrible! Could this be contamination in the system? I washed the spray chamber, cleaned the sampling cone and changed the Ni Skimmer Cone. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Parents
  • Hello,

Since you are getting around 2200 counts in He for mass 59, we know Co is present. However, there is a Ni isotope with 68% abundance at mass 58 and one at m/z 60 at 26% abundance, if you are getting 728k counts for Ni- this is a very large amount of Ni present. I think that since Ni is so high, the 59 peak is barely visible since the Ni peaks at 58 and 60 are so large. I would recommend doing a complete cleaning of cones, lenses and skimmer base, torch, nebulizer, spray chamber and tubing

• Hello,

Since you are getting around 2200 counts in He for mass 59, we know Co is present. However, there is a Ni isotope with 68% abundance at mass 58 and one at m/z 60 at 26% abundance, if you are getting 728k counts for Ni- this is a very large amount of Ni present. I think that since Ni is so high, the 59 peak is barely visible since the Ni peaks at 58 and 60 are so large. I would recommend doing a complete cleaning of cones, lenses and skimmer base, torch, nebulizer, spray chamber and tubing

Children
Was this helpful?