Plasma channel has failed . Flow is outside tolerance . Target 3500mlPM, Actual 2954mLPM ICP OES 5100

Hello all, 
I wish if I can find someone help me in this problem in ICP OES 5100
When I have been trying to ignite plasma It's happening one from two actions

1 - Plasma it ignite some moments and after that it turn off and software gives this message

Or  

2 – When I clicked plasma on system is trying to ignite plasma without result and software gives this message

Notice :

I noticed in ignite period about gas Flows (The plasma flow and nebuliser flow and makeup flow) it took true values and after that go down to 0 and plasma turn off.

Message error : Plasma channel has failed . Flow is outside tolerance . Target 3500mlPM, Actual 2954mLPM 

Or 

Plasma channel has failed . Flow is outside tolerance . Target 12000mLPM, Actual 12132mLPM 

Parents
  • Hello,

I would first try replacing the torch- you may have a clog in the plasma gas line of the torch. Next, I would check your Argon is the correct purity, set to the correct pressure, and there are no leaks or clogs before the instrument. Finally, I would go into the "Tests" tab, and run the Gas Flows test.

If the above does not resolve and your Gas flow test fails, I would recommend contacting Agilent customer support to begin the process of opening a repair service order. Hope that helps and have a great day

• Hello,

thank you so much for your answer , i will tell you what i did ... ok

I tried to change torch - Nebulizer and spray chamber with other but sadly it didn't change anything , and i did gas flow test (see it in pictuers )

you know argon pressure for ignite plasma always between 5 bar and 7 bar

we use pressure regulator it have in max regulation 6 bar

Could it be the source of this problem from regulator gas ? and thank you 

• Hello,

thank you so much for your answer , i will tell you what i did ... ok

I tried to change torch - Nebulizer and spray chamber with other but sadly it didn't change anything , and i did gas flow test (see it in pictuers )

you know argon pressure for ignite plasma always between 5 bar and 7 bar

we use pressure regulator it have in max regulation 6 bar

Could it be the source of this problem from regulator gas ? and thank you 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?