Agilent 7900 ICP-MS suddenly not communicating to MassHunter Software

I am a user of an Agilent 7900 ICP-MS. It has been working fine since last month, but today (Oct 13, 2022) the software was not able to connect to the instrument. When I try to connect the MassHunter software to the ICPMS by going to settings > mainframe > communication > Online > IP address selected with address 192-168-1-128, I receive this error message "Could not find ICP-MS. MassHunter will switch to offline mode. Failed to resolve the host name." I have attached a picture of the error message to this message. For context, the instrument is on, the vacuum is running and the indicated LED light is orange and not blinking. 

Steps I have taken thus far that have not fixed the issue
1) I have restarted the computer (3x) and the ICP-MS (2x).
2) I pressed the network reset switch at the back of the instrument for 3-5 seconds to reset the instrument to the default addresses (in case it got changed at some point). 
3) I checked the connectivity via the Web Interface by opening Windows Explorer and typing the ICPMS IP of 192.168.1.128 into the search bar. The computer seems to recognize the ICP-MS fine when I do that, but the software will still not connect.

Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated!

Parents Reply Children
Was this helpful?