Agilent 7700 ICP-MS Electron Multiplier Failed

During 7700 ICP-MS optimization, my electron multiplier failed.  What might be the issues and how do I resolve this?  Can I still analyze sample if my method tune passed?

Parents
  • Hi emreretoprak, 

I have just replaced the electron multiplier myself at ICP-MS 7900. I have reset the EM and done an EM auto setting. I've got discriminator at 3.6 mV, analog 2197 and pulse 950 V. I have done a PA factor adjustment in batch, but on the tune report generated the sensitivity has gone down by half using the same lenses voltages and plasma conditions. Before the change we had 59 and 89 sitting at around 1000cps and 205 at around 2000 cps. Any suggestion? 

• Hi emreretoprak, 

I have just replaced the electron multiplier myself at ICP-MS 7900. I have reset the EM and done an EM auto setting. I've got discriminator at 3.6 mV, analog 2197 and pulse 950 V. I have done a PA factor adjustment in batch, but on the tune report generated the sensitivity has gone down by half using the same lenses voltages and plasma conditions. Before the change we had 59 and 89 sitting at around 1000cps and 205 at around 2000 cps. Any suggestion? 

Children
Was this helpful?