Elements that Compromise Torch Integrity

Hello,

I am conducting a ICP-OES torch lifetime study in the lab where I work, however to complete this work I need to find out what elements compromise torch integrity. I once heard that B and Na in high concentrations devitrify the torch's quartz.

Any doubts I am available.

Best regards
Parents
  • Seems that alkaline earth metals and especially the alkali metals are more involved in exchanging the elements out of the torches. So element like Si is exchanged by for example K in the Si crystal structure. Then a weak bound crystal is in places. Then the K crystal is easy evaporated then a milk white color of the glass is observed. This behavior is more seen in the Agilent 700 series. But now with another designed torch and other gas flows this isn't seen that much with the Agilent 5000 series. 

• Seems that alkaline earth metals and especially the alkali metals are more involved in exchanging the elements out of the torches. So element like Si is exchanged by for example K in the Si crystal structure. Then a weak bound crystal is in places. Then the K crystal is easy evaporated then a milk white color of the glass is observed. This behavior is more seen in the Agilent 700 series. But now with another designed torch and other gas flows this isn't seen that much with the Agilent 5000 series. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?