8800 QQQ ICP-MS Q1 failure

Hi All, we have an 8800 QQQ that is about 6 years old, and recently had the Q1 fail - the error messages were +600 and -720 power supply voltages too low and I/O board malfunction. Consequently Q1 does not scan and no signal can be measured. Has anyone else had this problem with Q1 that really appeared overnight without any previous warning, and were you able to resolve this without replacing any parts? The service advice is to replace all 3 Q1 PCA boards - not a cheap!

Parents
  • Hi this Emre from Agilent support team. If your local support suggest replacing the 3 Q1 PCA, I do not see a workaround. Just so you understand why we replace always 3 PCA together, they are calibrated as a kit, so we cannot replace one at a time. I can suggest to turn off the instrument and leave it overnight. Please switch off both the red and the black toggle switch and remove the main power cable as well (the blue connector with the black thick cable). If you are lucky, it will work again. Let me know, if you see any changes after you cut the power overnight. 

• Hi this Emre from Agilent support team. If your local support suggest replacing the 3 Q1 PCA, I do not see a workaround. Just so you understand why we replace always 3 PCA together, they are calibrated as a kit, so we cannot replace one at a time. I can suggest to turn off the instrument and leave it overnight. Please switch off both the red and the black toggle switch and remove the main power cable as well (the blue connector with the black thick cable). If you are lucky, it will work again. Let me know, if you see any changes after you cut the power overnight. 

Children
Was this helpful?