Tune parameters in Mass Hunter for LA-ICP-MS

Hi There,

We recently installed an 8900 QQQ ICP-MS with mass hunter software. I am trying to figure out the best way to run and and use tune parameters when using a Laser Ablation sample introduction system. I want to run start up parameters (torch axis, EM, lenses, resolution, P/A factor) whilst running a line scan on a NIST 610 glass standard.

The problem is when I run any of those startup parameters the software automatically uses tune parameters from another source (not my batch tune parameters). I can see a message stating 'load option - standard tune' but my batch tune is selected as "custom tune". I don't know how to change the "load option" or get the software to use my custom tune parameters when running the start up tune. I would especially like to run the EM and P/A factor at the start of each LA-ICP-MS run.

The engineer who installed the instrument suggested i needed to forget what i know to this point about tune files etc. in ICP-MS software and get ready for initial challenges when using batch folders in Mass Hunter....

I am also having trouble finding any useful help in the manuals, video tutorials or help function that clearly outlines the use of the different tune modes in mass hunter.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

Was this helpful?