Agilent 5800 Dilution, Dilution factor

Hi everyone. 

How does ICP-OES calculate concentration with these parameters? (Attached photo). Who can give me the formula?

I have digested 0.1961 samples with 10 ml HNO3 then diluted the solution up to 50 ml. I have to write on “Dilution” sector 50 or 50/10 (I wrote 50)??

And “Dilution” is the volume of added solution after digestion or it is dilution factor????

Parents
  • The weight would be 0.1961grams and the final volume is 50ml, so you put 0.1961 in the "Weight" column, and 50 in the "Volume" column. When you analyze the samples, you get a result in ppm typically, which is ug/ml or ppm in solution. This value gets multiplied by the volume of 50ml, and divided by the weight in grams, for a final result of ppm in the original solid or ug/g. 

• Hi dear Tina

Thanks for your reply. In another forum i got answer like that:

"Concentration in the original sample = Concentration of the measurement solution * Dilution * (Volume/Weight)"
    And comparing with your reply i see that is the same. Thus i can calculate the final concentration with both formula, and it is already clear what to write in columns. I would like to see your opinion for this equation. Thanks a lot
  • Hi dear Tina

Thanks for your reply. In another forum i got answer like that:

"Concentration in the original sample = Concentration of the measurement solution * Dilution * (Volume/Weight)"
    And comparing with your reply i see that is the same. Thus i can calculate the final concentration with both formula, and it is already clear what to write in columns. I would like to see your opinion for this equation. Thanks a lot
Children
Was this helpful?