Wavelength Calibration Question

I have a 720 ICP-OES. Last week I started having issues getting a 100% wavelength calibration. I assumed the system to be "dirty". At that time I changed all the tubing and installed a new torch, nebulizer and spray chamber. The torch alignment is coming back as normal but I am still only able to get 80.56% on my wavelength calibration. Is there something else that could be the problem or am I correct to assume it occurs only from sample introduction? I am baffled as everything I have tried has failed.

Parents
  • Do you have the Polyboost on?  If not, the wavelengths below 190nm will fail.  It would be good to know which wavelengths are failing. On the wavecal tab, click "Store dark current" and see where the wavelength calibration file is being saved. Then using File Explorer, go to the wavelength calibration.txt file and open it. It will show you which wavelengths are failing. 

• Do you have the Polyboost on?  If not, the wavelengths below 190nm will fail.  It would be good to know which wavelengths are failing. On the wavecal tab, click "Store dark current" and see where the wavelength calibration file is being saved. Then using File Explorer, go to the wavelength calibration.txt file and open it. It will show you which wavelengths are failing. 

Children
Was this helpful?