ICPMS 7700 corrupt batch file issue

Hi,

After a power cut, the batch file I had open on my desktop seems to have become damaged...

On opening the batch, it fails to open... small dialogue pops up >> "failed to open quick scan file. Failed to read binary quick scan file."

Has anyone any experience of 'fixing' such "batch.bin" files so to speak? 

It is a good sized file of about 50MB so I suspect the content is still there, but just cant be opened due to some possibly minor corruption.

Any advice appreciated.

B

Parents
  • Hi Bob,

without knowing your software version, the following procedure could help:

Open Offline Data Analysis program, go to File -> New Batch folder and create a new (empty) batch.

Then go to File -> Import All Samples from Batch and select the corrupt batch. The raw data should be imported.

Now you need to re-write the data analysis method from scratch or you import the data analysis method from a different, working batch (DA Method -> Import DA Method).

If this fails, it could be that a single sample is corrupt. Then try importing one or a few samples at the time in your newly created empty batch.

Hope that helps

Matthias

• Hi Bob,

without knowing your software version, the following procedure could help:

Open Offline Data Analysis program, go to File -> New Batch folder and create a new (empty) batch.

Then go to File -> Import All Samples from Batch and select the corrupt batch. The raw data should be imported.

Now you need to re-write the data analysis method from scratch or you import the data analysis method from a different, working batch (DA Method -> Import DA Method).

If this fails, it could be that a single sample is corrupt. Then try importing one or a few samples at the time in your newly created empty batch.

Hope that helps

Matthias

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?