Connecting instrument to Lab LAN

I have 3 ICP-MS installed in our cleanroom that I'm trying to get connected to a local network. Each instrument has it's own computer to access the Mass Hunter software. When I connect all 3 instrument and 3 computers to a switch hub, I get communication errors. All 6 items have their IP addresses changed to match our labs local network. I am able to connect 1 computer and 1 ICP-MS to the hub, but as soon as another computer is added, this communication error is caused. What am I missing? It seems the computer knows which instrument to talk to as I enter in the instruments IP address inside Mass Hunter, but the instrument doesn't know which computer it needs to communicate with. Any help would be appreciated. 

Parents
  • I don't know the layout of your lab so I might be wrong here, but would it not be easier to connect your ICPs to their control PCs, and then the PC to the LAN switch? You'd need to install a second network card in the control PC, although for LC-MS and GC-MS computers supplied by Agilent there is already a second NIC - I assume that's also the case for ICP computers.

• I don't know the layout of your lab so I might be wrong here, but would it not be easier to connect your ICPs to their control PCs, and then the PC to the LAN switch? You'd need to install a second network card in the control PC, although for LC-MS and GC-MS computers supplied by Agilent there is already a second NIC - I assume that's also the case for ICP computers.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?