A-PLUS software release 2.0.2 not working on new Windows 11-PC!

The Software does not seems to start on the surface pro 8 on windows 11 Professional. on A surface go 2 with he exact same build it works. how can we change that? if we enter the adress in edge it says: "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"
Same issue occures on another new surface pro 8. How can we fix this?

Parents Reply Children
  • I already updated it. The Problem is, the Software does not even start. I dot NOT have the problem of not finding devices but of the Software not Starting at all. Nothing happens. 

• I am still waiting for assistance from Engineering.

• Otis,

This is the reply from Engineering:

the connection refused error indicates that the A-Plus server is not reachable, this can happen for two reasons:

• The server has gone into error, in this case it is possible to launch A-plus from a dos prompt to get the details of the error. From dos you must first give a cd command to go to the folder where a-plus is installed, by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\APlus then from this folder you run the start command to start the server. If the server fails a detail message should be printed, otherwise the program will get stuck on the line:

Server started, listening on port 2324 network: 127.0.0.1 v3

(see image below)

If the server starts, you can open a browser and navigate to the address: http://localhost:2324 to start the Aplus client. Again, if the server goes into error, a detail should be printed in the DOS window.

This is an example of how A-Plus works properly

• The second possibility is that there is something that prevents the browser from navigating on the server, but in this case it would be an application or a specific setting of the device and therefore much more difficult to identify.
  • This is my outcome and the end of all actions.

• it Seems the ap-node.exe and ultimatly the java script does not launch. Could that be a possibility?

• The second possibility is that there is something that prevents the browser from navigating on the server, but in this case it would be an application or a specific setting of the device and therefore much more difficult to identify. It's device specific to your Surface Pro...

• the server does not even run, when i try to start it manually.
    ap-node.exe does not start. the application is not shown in the task manager. on other machines (other than surface pro 8) does it start

• There is something specific to the Surface Pro  that is preventing it from loading. We do not have a device like this to test it.

• We have some new insights.
    I have searched your windows build and it seems you are using windows 10.
    have you tried windows 11, too?
    we are using windows 11 professional.

the programm does NOT work on windows 11 for us.
    we have found out, that even on the other tablets, the programm seems to start but does NOT work.

Was this helpful?