Sequence keeps aborting on it's own, won't start

Software: OpenLab CDS Chemstation Edition C.01.09 [150]
Instruments: Headspace (G1888)  GC-FID (7890A)

Whenever I try to initiate a sequence, the sequence will abort on it's own. Sometime it will take the vial, then immediately return it, or take the vial but sequence will not enter 'waiting' state.

I've tried creating the method and sequence from scratch.

Any suggestions?

Parents
  • Hello,

From the screenshot you posted the error that appears to be aborting the method run is "Failed to set injection volume". For a headspace sampler the injection volume should be the sample loop volume which is part of the instrument configuration. Is a sample loop configured on the sampler? What revision headspace control software do you have installed and what revision firmware is loaded on your sampler? 

Are you able to run a sequence from the front keypad of your G1888A without any errors?

• The sample loop is configured, but it set at "other" 0 uL. Not sure what the standard loop size is, i am guessing 1 mL?

Headspace control software: B.01.07
    Driver: B.01.07.3.18074.1758

Haven't tried using the keypad on the G1888 yet. Would I have to hit start on the G1888 first, then start on the 7980 keypad?

• I believe the only way to determine the loop size would be to physically check the loop that is installed in the G1888A. There should be a tag attached to it that will tell you the volume. The most common loop sizes are 1mL and 3mL. 

Thank you for the driver version, but we will still need the firmware version to get a full picture of your system. You can check the firmware rev from the front keypad using Advanced Function 19. 

To set up a sequence on the front keypad of the G1888A you would need to set up the method(s) on the front keypad of the sampler (https://www.agilent.com/cs/ContentServer?c=Support_C&cid=1404943359312&d=&pagename=Agilent%2FLayoutTemplate) and then chain them together to form a sequence. You would also need to setup a sequence on the GC to run at the same time, but it needs to be configured for an injection source of manual so that it will wait for the sampler to send a start signal before starting the run. 

• I believe the only way to determine the loop size would be to physically check the loop that is installed in the G1888A. There should be a tag attached to it that will tell you the volume. The most common loop sizes are 1mL and 3mL. 

Thank you for the driver version, but we will still need the firmware version to get a full picture of your system. You can check the firmware rev from the front keypad using Advanced Function 19. 

To set up a sequence on the front keypad of the G1888A you would need to set up the method(s) on the front keypad of the sampler (https://www.agilent.com/cs/ContentServer?c=Support_C&cid=1404943359312&d=&pagename=Agilent%2FLayoutTemplate) and then chain them together to form a sequence. You would also need to setup a sequence on the GC to run at the same time, but it needs to be configured for an injection source of manual so that it will wait for the sampler to send a start signal before starting the run. 

Children
Was this helpful?