Create report on OLAB CDS?

Hello,

I am developing some method on the OLAB CDS and in the sequence, I created a line at the end for Create report. I set the report to be created in PDF,CSV and Txt format. For the printer I set the Microsoft print to PDF as my default printer. When the samples were done and it started to create the report the PDF files got created immediately with no problem but the state of the run stayed on reporting for a few hours and never passed that stage to run my shutdown method after that. It seems the software still working on it but, maybe it's just frozen!! Also, there is no sign of CSV or Txt files in the results folder!

Any suggestion is appreciated.

-Sam 

Parents
  • Hello  ,

More often than not, in my experience at least, reporting issues stem from either a wrong printer, or an improper Adobe Reader version. What Adobe version do you have installed, if I may?

I am assuming you are referring to a sequence summary report. Can you please check the link below for the usual procedure on how to set that up? This should take you to the "Create a sequence summary report" page, but let me know if it does not.

OpenLab Help & Learning (agilent.com)

For now I would check if any steps were missed when setting up the report. And if you have any screenshots that would be relevant to better understand the problem, please include some in the thread.

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed the same steps to create my report. Except that it is not clear what printer is the default printer in this case. I chose Microsoft PDF, But, when the reporting step started (step 9) it created only the pdf files (No CSV or Excel ) and the reporting status never changed to completed or anything like that. In fact, I had to restart the software since it was frozen in the reporting step.

That is why I am wondering what kind of printer I should choose as my default printer to fix this problem?

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed the same steps to create my report. Except that it is not clear what printer is the default printer in this case. I chose Microsoft PDF, But, when the reporting step started (step 9) it created only the pdf files (No CSV or Excel ) and the reporting status never changed to completed or anything like that. In fact, I had to restart the software since it was frozen in the reporting step.

That is why I am wondering what kind of printer I should choose as my default printer to fix this problem?

Children
Was this helpful?